Robotic Laser Welding Services
Ohio Laser has expanded its welding capabilities with the addition of a robotic fiber laser welding cell. Robotic laser welding offers many cost saving advantages to the customer. It can reduce the overall weld time, decrease secondary processes (grinding, straightening, finishing) and eliminate the use of filler material. Laser welding increases weld tensile strength which creates a higher quality part or assembly.
Our laser welding team can provide custom engineered solutions for your parts and assemblies. We have an extensive background in welding and can take any GTAW (TIG) or GMAW (MIG) designed part and make minor modifications for better laser welding processing. Often, laser welding can replace bending operations for a higher quality, faster and more repeatable process. This technology not only increases throughput, but also improves accuracy. Laser welding improves form, fit and function while reducing labor, increasing material utilization and improving the aesthetics of your part or assembly.
Laser Welding Features:
- Dramatically reduces and in some cases eliminates secondary processes such as grinding, straightening, and finishing
- Capable of welding with little to no heat distortion and discoloration
- Ability to weld dissimilar metals
- Weld speeds in excess of 160 Inches per minute (4 m/min)
- Deep penetration and heat conduction welding capabilities
- Can eliminate or reduce the need for filler materials
- Reduces the cost for manufacturing a finished part
- Max part size = 78.75 x 39.38 x 27.5 IN (2000 x 1000 x 700 MM)
- Max thickness = 0.25” (6.5 mm) for mild steel and .100” (2.5 mm) Aluminum
- Materials that can be welded: Mild steel, carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, coated steel, copper, and titanium.
The laser welding cell paired with creative and unique part design methods give our customers the perfect tools to reduce cost and improve part quality. Please contact us today for more information.